Construction Solicitor/Associate (Non-Contentious)
Our Projects, Infrastructure and Construction (PIC) team at TLT are looking to expand in line with client demand and have an opening available for a non-contentious Solicitor/Associate to join the department in Bristol or Manchester.
This role would suit a qualified lawyer with at least 2 years PQE looking for a long term career move where they can develop and refine their legal knowledge and skills in construction law.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Forming an integral part of the existing construction team you will:
· Work for high calibre clients on complex procurements
· Build relationships with new clients and existing clients of the firm
· Develop your skills, knowledge and construction law expertise
· Contribute to team strategic planning and business development activities
Contribute to the long term development and strategy of the wider PIC Department
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service.
You will be a driven and hardworking team player, with the following skills/experience and attributes:
- 2+ years Construction experience
- Strong academic background with experience from a national or recognised firm
- Experience and knowledge of complex Construction Law
- Solid experience of JCT and NEC and potentially FIDIC, MF/1 and other industry forms
- Ability to provide strategic advice to clients
- Ability to manage own caseload, whilst working as part of a team
- Experience of supervising and collaborating with more junior colleagues on large scale cases
- Able to communicate easily with clients, prospective clients and colleagues
- Commercially aware and focused on client service/business development
Committed to developing the firm’s construction offering locally and nationally.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
TLT has been awarded the ‘Best Law Firm for Partner Approachability 2021’ from the recent Legal Cheek Awards.
So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.