Contract Banking Litigation Paralegal
We have an immediate need for Contract Financial Litigation Paralegals (Legal Assistants) on a 6 month contract with a view to extend. Please note that this role will require you to work via an umbrella company and is on a day rate basis. We are working on a very quick turn so we need candidates to be able to start immediately or after a short notice period.
We are recruiting for a Contract Legal Paralegal in our Financial Services Disputes and Investigations team, one of the few teams outside London to specialise in contentious work for banks, mortgage lenders and other financial services providers.
Ideally you will be based close to our office in Bristol however, we are flexible on candidate location and will offer 100% remote working.
- To assist with legal tasks supporting the Financial Services Disputes and Investigations team including:
- Taking instructions and liaising with clients
- Responsibility for own case load of banking litigation matters (Fast-track claims)
- Supporting other fee earners on a variety of cases
- Managing financial outputs and billing responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets and graphic based analysis for reporting purposes to assist with internal and external/client reporting requirements and production of management information.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility
- Background in commercial or financial litigation is preferable.
- Ability to manage high case loads and work independently.
- Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint, interwoven would be beneficial
- Desirable, but not essential, are proficient Excel skills (with basic and lookup formulas, pivot tables, pivot charts & managing large spreadsheets) and the ability to export data to other spreadsheets and charts efficiently, whilst also being able to put together easy-to-read analysis
- To have basic knowledge of and be able to use common functions of relevant computer applications with appropriate training
Our research shows that our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.