Contract Document Review Manager - Solicitor
There is an exciting opportunity to join our Document Review and Collation (DRC) team
The DRC team is made up of a combination of qualified resource and paralegals who support both contentious and non-contentious fee earners from across the firm on a variety of matters, most commonly Data Subject Access Requests and Document Review/Disclosure. As part of the continued expansion of the DRC team we are looking for an experienced document review manager to help oversee the increasing volume of projects that DRC is undertaking on behalf of the firm.
This is a client facing role with both internal and external clients. You can expect to work across a number of different groups, sectors and specialisms across the firm predominantly relating to litigation and inquiry disclosure/document review, investigations, due diligence and data subject access requests.
The core DRC team is based in the TLT Bristol office however we are flexible about location and will would take applicants who could be based out of one of our other offices in Manchester, Glasgow or Belfast. We offer flexible, hybrid working which allows home working as appropriate for our clients, the team and you requiring our successful candidate to have a reliable internet connection and be based within the UK.
This contract is on a day rate basis, with a view to extend at the end of the 6 months. You will be fully supported by the team and will have access to the firms resources and expertise. This role is inside of IR35 and you must be willing to work through an umbrella company.
We are working on a quick turnaround so short notice period or immediate start is preferable.
As a document review manager you can expect to::
- Oversee all aspects of document review projects, from pre-engagement setup, to QC of review and through to project close
- Act as liaison between project teams and client teams, communicating updates and reporting findings clearly and professionally
- Building and maintaining quality professional relationship with colleagues
- As and when required supporting the other managers in the Document Review Team on other workflows outside of eDiscovery and document review
- Undertaking the QC review of documents to a high level (with accuracy and speed) in particular on data subject access requests
- Providing expert eDiscovery consultancy support to internal and external clients
- Contribute to training materials and the development of the team
- Supervise, support and mentor paralegals
- Track and monitor review teams’ progress and prepare internal progress reports for internal and external circulation
- Ensure all project-related financials are in order and creating trackers as needed for efficiency and transparency
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 3 years’ experience of overseeing document reviews with experience of using Relativity
- Previous hands-on experience of advising on and responding to data subject access requests
- Excellent communication and self-management skills
- Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility
- Experience of supervision of paralegals
- Demonstrate high levels of data accuracy, time management skills and organisational capability
- Qualified in England and Wales would be preferred, however, will consider other experienced candidates
- Team player. Ability to interact well with stakeholders, clients and the team.
About the Firm
our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com