Contract Document Review Paralegal (Public Enquiries) London Based
We are recruiting for Contract Paralegals for our new Public Inquiries space, this role is a document review project. Supporting both contentious and non-contentious fee earners from across the firm with the review and collation of documents including pre-action disclosure, data access requests and the creation of court bundles. The contract is up to 6 months and may be subject to extension at the end of this period or conversion onto longer contracts/ permanent positions.
The role requires working in our London based office for at least 2 days a week so easily commutable distance is essential, WFH the rest of the week and we supply equipment. We are working on a quick turn around so prefer wither immediate start or very short notice period.
Great opportunity to work within a quickly expanding team and an exciting new area for TLT.
- Undertaking a first level review of documents for key issues or terms in order to assist other teams in the firm (such as commercial and banking litigation or public enquiries) with disclosure and pre-action disclosure
- Following guidance on privacy laws in order to undertake a first level review for Data Subject Access Requests
- Using e-disclosure platforms and specific systems (full training provided)
- Taking detailed instructions from fee earners around the firm and providing regular updates on progress
- Creating bundles and document lists for mediations, trials and employment tribunals
- Contributing to training materials and the development of the team
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Previous legal assistant experience (6 months plus).
- Excellent communication skill (both oral and written).
- Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility.
- Experience of the disclosure process including knowledge on privilege would be preferable.
- Experience on Data Subject Access Requests would be preferable.
- Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint, interwoven, and Relativity would be beneficial.
- Must be able to work independently and time manage effectively in order to hit deadlines
- Must also be a team player in a busy team, helping colleagues appropriately
- Ability to manage your financial outputs carefully
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.