Contract Document Review Paralegal
We have an immediate need for Contract Paralegals, this role is a document review project. Supporting both contentious and non-contentious fee earners from across the firm with the review and collation of documents including pre-action disclosure, data access requests and the creation of court bundles. We have a number of projects varying in length, this is a quickly expanding area for us. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door at TLT.
Please note that this role will require you to work via an umbrella company and is on a day rate basis. We are working on a quick turn around so we need you to be immediately available or very short notice period, you will not be considered if you have a long notice period to serve.
- Following guidance on privacy laws to undertake a first level review for Data Subject Access Requests
- To review and analyse CDD documents to ensure compliance with anti-money laundering regulations, identifying what is missing, seeking enhanced information, necessary and referring where necessary to TM or Risk.
- Using e-disclosure platforms and specific systems (full training provided) to implement redaction policies and decisions, to provide disclosure to relevant stakeholders
- Reviewing and organising data relevant to the Inquiry and presenting in a preferred format to assist the investigation
- Taking detailed instructions from fee earners within the team and providing regular updates on progress
- Creating bundles and document lists for trials
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- 6 months Legal Assistant / Paralegal experience
- Experience working on document review projects essential
- DSARS experience would be advantages
- Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility
- Experience of the disclosure process including knowledge on privilege would be preferable
- Experience on Data Subject Access Requests would be preferable
- Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint, and Relativity would be beneficial
- Must be able to work independently and time manage effectively to hit deadlines
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, work under pressure and prioritise work from various stakeholders
- The role would suit someone with previous experience of working in CDD/KYC/AML.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.