Contract Financial Litigation Paralegal
We have an immediate need for Contract Financial Litigation Paralegals (Legal Assistants) on a 6 month contract with a view to extend. Please note that this role will require you to work via an umbrella company and is on a day rate basis.
We are recruiting for a Contract Legal Paralegal in our Financial Services Disputes and Investigations team, one of the few teams outside London to specialise in contentious work for banks, mortgage lenders and other financial services providers.
Ideally you will be based close to our office in Bristol however, we are flexible on candidate location and will offer 100% remote working.
- To assist with legal tasks supporting the Financial Services Disputes and Investigations team including:
- Taking instructions and liaising with clients
- Responsibility for own case load of banking litigation matters (Fast-track claims)
- Supporting other fee earners on a variety of cases
- Managing financial outputs and billing responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets and graphic based analysis for reporting purposes to assist with internal and external/client reporting requirements and production of management information.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility
- Background in commercial or financial litigation is preferable.
- Ability to manage high case loads and work independently.
- Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint, interwoven would be beneficial
- Desirable, but not essential, are proficient Excel skills (with basic and lookup formulas, pivot tables, pivot charts & managing large spreadsheets) and the ability to export data to other spreadsheets and charts efficiently, whilst also being able to put together easy-to-read analysis
- To have basic knowledge of and be able to use common functions of relevant computer applications with appropriate training
Our research shows that our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
About the Firm
Fast paced, fast growing and forward thinking. TLT is the law firm that helps clients stay one step ahead, and we do the same for our people.
Our collaborative, supportive and open-minded environment is the ideal place to progress your career. We work with high profile clients in innovative sectors, and we’ll help you embrace opportunities to keep learning as we grow our firm.
It's never been a better time to join TLT - we've been named Law Firm of the Year at the Lawyer Awards 2021 and Top 4 UK Firm by Roll on Friday. TLT is for what comes next for our clients and our people.
We don’t stand still. Our clients keep moving forward to seize the opportunities and address the challenges of the modern world and so do we. We challenge convention and think creatively about how we can help make their businesses better.
This proactive approach has powered our success with clients, and it is all down to our people. Ambitious, talented individuals help us go even further to question the norm and explore different ways of doing things.
Being part of TLT gives you the opportunity to evolve what it means to be a lawyer. You’ll be a business adviser as a well as a lawyer, working directly with a high calibre of clients on a wide range of interesting current matters. And while you develop long-lasting relationships with clients, you’ll boost your skills and professional reputation.