We are recruiting for a number Paralegals/Legal Executives to support a number of new projects that are starting soon, supporting various different business groups across TLT.
This is an excellent opportunity if you have at least 6 months previous paralegal experience or other relevant legal work experience. You will be supporting either contentious and non-contentious fee earners from across the firm depending on your skills and experience,
We are looking for candidates that are either immediately available or have very short notice periods. The contract is offered on a day rate basis and you must work via an umbrella company. This is a fully remote role and location independent. UK residents only.
As a Contract Paralegal your day to day remit includes:
- Junior fee earning case work including being responsible for your own cases, under supervision.
- Investigating and analysing claims, preparing draft advices.
- Assisting solicitors with preparing trial bundles.
- Instructing experts and carrying out Initial review of expert reports
- Drafting correspondence
- Reviewing discovery documents received from other parties
- Managing key dates
- Assisting with recording, reporting on and analysing Management Information
- Assisting with billing
The Ideal Candidate
You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- LLB / GDL is essential, LPC is highly desired (a minimum of a 2:1 in your degree)
- At least 6 months legal assistant/paralegal experience either in contentious/non-contentious matters in our key business areas.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional work attitude
- High degree of attention to detail
- Organisational skills are essential to effectively manage key dates and meet deadlines.
- A flexible approach and the capability to work well within a team environment.
- An ability and willingness to work as part of a busy team with a significant case load.
- An ability to work on own initiative but under supervision.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.