Corporate Communications Executive
You have the opportunity to join a fast paced, fast growing and forward-thinking law firm. Our collaborative, supportive and open-minded environment is the ideal place to progress your career – whatever stage you’re at. We work with high profile clients in innovative sectors, and we’ll help you embrace opportunities to keep learning as we grow our firm.
We are looking for an ambitious Corporate Communications Executive to join our Marketing Communications team and help promote the firm and our legal services to organisations across a range of different sectors.
This is a new role for the team, working closely with the Corporate Communications Manager, to help shape and deliver a targeted PR and communications programme that supports the firm’s growth strategy and profile-raising objectives.
You’ll be working on a broad range of communications activity such as social media stories, awards entries, thought-leadership content, internal communications, industry insights and more as part of a friendly and dynamic marketing communications team.
You'll be a brilliant writer, with experience in creating high quality written content for B2B audiences, ideally with a proven track record of working effectively with journalists to secure positive press coverage.
You’ll be confident working with senior stakeholders, business services professionals and outside agencies, with exceptional client service skills as well as the ability to self-motivate.
- Press release writing and building media lists
- Maintaining awareness and relationships with key media outlets and securing coverage including national, trade, business and online media
- Identifying hot topics / emerging business issues and working with lawyers to develop angles
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of the issues affecting TLT and our clients
- Creating social media posts (written and visual) and articles for the website and intranet
- Supporting campaign delivery including written, audio and visual content
- Maintaining positive working relationships with senior lawyers and business services professionals
- Work closely with other team members to provide opportunities for profile raising across various channels and providing administrate support where needed.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Two years+ B2B communications and campaigns experience, ideally within professional services
- Able to research, write, produce and edit great content for a range of formats
- Understanding of the full marketing communications mix and how different channels can be used to create awareness and influence a business audience.
- Able to adapt style for different media and audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good judgment, with an ability to build rapport with people at all levels of seniority and across different departments.
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with journalists and handle media enquiries.
- A persuasive communicator with strong attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple deadlines and competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- A genuine interest in a broad range of business topics that affect TLT and its clients.
- Action-orientated and self-motivated.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.