Data Protection Lawyer
We are seeking a qualified Data Protection Lawyer for 6 month role supporting our Data, Privacy and Cybersecurity team on a variety of client matters.
This role is offered on a fully remote basis. You will be fully supported by the team and will have access to the firms resources and expertise for the duration of your contract.
This role is inside of IR35 and you must be willing to work through an umbrella company.
Candidates will either be immediately available or have a very short notice period. Please note some contract might require an additional security checks.
As an Contract Lawyer in the Data, Privacy and Cybersecurity team you will advise public sector bodies on all aspects of information and cybersecurity law, including data protection, FOI, confidentiality and privacy issues.
In the role we would expect you to deliver the following:
- Conduct data protection audits and prepare data protection reports
- Draft data protection policies and procedures and privacy notices
- Advise on overseas data transfers and binding corporate rules
- Advise on information rights requests, data breaches and responding to cyber attacks
- Advise on data ethics matters, including in the context of innovative technology projects (e.g. use of AI, algorithms, biometrics solutions)
- Advise on the commercialisation of data and complex data sharing arrangements
- Deliver data protection (DPA and GDPR) training
- Assist and where appropriate lead effective business development initiatives to existing and new clients
- Support and mentor junior team members
- Advise on marketing and digital media data protection issues
The Ideal Candidate
You will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- 4 years plus PQE gained within a boutique or national law firm
- A proven track record of advising and leading data protection projects
- Professional certifications such as IAPP CIPP/E and CIPM are desired but not essential
- Previous experience of working with clients in a regulated environment (e.g. Financial Services) and/or the public sector are welcome
- Current Practising Certificate
- Enjoys working as part of a wider team and is flexible in your approach
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.