Data Protection Paralegal - 6 month contract
We have an immediate requirement for a Data Protection Paralegal/Legal Assistant for a 6 month contract to support one of our clients on a major international data transfer project and contract repapering exercise.
We are seeking candidates who would be ready to start this contract early Feb time.
Please note this contract falls inside IR35 and you will be required to work via an umbrella company
Some of the tasks you will be involved with include the following:
- Reviewing questionnaire responses received from suppliers
- Completing transfer risk assessments
- Responding to questionnaire queries from suppliers
- Reviewing policies to identify what documents/processes should be updated in light of Schrems
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Law degree
- A minimum of 12 months Legal Assistant experience
- Knowledge of data protection law and practices;
- Previous exposure to a commercial legal environment or financial services.
- Confident and able communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organised and efficient, with good attention to detail
- Hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated
- Collaborative and willing to turn a hand to whatever is needed to meet the team’s aims
- Able to deal with difficult or demanding situations
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.