Data Protection Paralegal - FTC
Due to new client wins we are keen to hear from Data Protection / Commercial Paralegals. The role will be working with one of our Public Sector clients. This is a fantastic opportunity for a paralegal who is looking to expand on their experience, working in exciting area of TLT.
The role will be fully remote with the opportunity to go into the office if this is something that is desirable for you. The contract is up to 6 months and may be subject to extension at the end of this period or conversion onto longer contracts/ permanent positions.
Main duties will include:
- Administrative support to senior fee earners
- Reviewing commercial contracts, such as NDAs and services agreements;
- Reviewing data protection clauses in contracts with suppliers and clients;
- Assessing and mitigating data protection risks faced
- Responding to privacy queries and complaints;
- Delivering training on relevant GDPR matters;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders across the business;
- Performing relevant legal research as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Law degree
- A minimum of 12 months Legal Assistant experience
- Knowledge of data protection law and practices;
- Previous exposure to a commercial legal environment;
- Confident and able communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organised and efficient, with good attention to detail
- Hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated
- Collaborative and willing to turn a hand to whatever is needed to meet the team’s aims
- Able to deal with difficult or demanding situations
- Good knowledge and confident use of Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.