Document Review Paralegal - London Based
We are recruiting for Paralegals for our new Public Inquiries space, this role is a document review project. Supporting both contentious and non-contentious fee earners from across the firm with the review and collation of documents including pre-action disclosure, data access requests and the creation of court bundles. The contract is up to 6 months + and may be subject to extension at the end of this period or conversion onto longer contracts/ permanent positions.
The role requires working in our London based office for at least 3 days a week so easily commutable distance is essential, WFH the rest of the week and we supply equipment. We are working on a quick turn around so prefer wither immediate start or very short notice period.
Great opportunity to work within a quickly expanding team and an exciting new area for TLT.
As a Paralegal, you will provide support to the team on day to day case work, including the following tasks:
- Following guidance on privacy laws to undertake a first level review for Data Subject Access Requests
- Using e-disclosure platforms and specific systems (full training provided) to implement redaction policies and decisions, to provide disclosure to relevant stakeholders
- Reviewing and organising data relevant to the Inquiry and presenting in a preferred format to assist the investigation
- Taking detailed instructions from fee earners within the team and providing regular updates on progress
- Creating bundles and document lists for trials
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- 6 months Legal Assistant / Paralegal experience
- Experience working on document review projects essential
- DSARS experience would be advantages
- Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility
- Experience of the disclosure process including knowledge on privilege would be preferable
- Experience on Data Subject Access Requests would be preferable
- Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint, and Relativity would be beneficial
- Must be able to work independently and time manage effectively to hit deadlines
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, work under pressure and prioritise work from various stakeholders
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
About the Firm
Our collaborative, supportive and open-minded environment is the ideal place to progress your career. We work with high profile clients in innovative sectors, and we’ll help you embrace opportunities to keep learning as we grow our firm.
It's never been a better time to join TLT - we've been named Law Firm of the Year at the Lawyer Awards 2021 and Top 4 UK Firm by Roll on Friday. TLT is for what comes next for our clients and our people.
We don’t stand still. Our clients keep moving forward to seize the opportunities and address the challenges of the modern world and so do we. We challenge convention and think creatively about how we can help make their businesses better.
This proactive approach has powered our success with clients, and it is all down to our people. Ambitious, talented individuals help us go even further to question the norm and explore different ways of doing things.
Being part of TLT gives you the opportunity to evolve what it means to be a lawyer. You’ll be a business adviser as a well as a lawyer, working directly with a high calibre of clients on a wide range of interesting current matters. And while you develop long-lasting relationships with clients, you’ll boost your skills and professional reputation.