Facilities Systems Administrator
This role is part of the Facilities Management group reporting to the Senior Facilities Manager, working closely with all areas of the Firm.
The Facilities Management team are responsible for providing a safe and comfortable working environment. Including the secure storage and retrieval of all hard copy files; management and delivery of the client conference suites and switchboard services; providing reprographics support for large volume and specialist printing and scanning; processing and distribution of all incoming and outgoing deliveries; relocation planning, design and fit out logistics; security; building maintenance and working with the landlord to ensure their services support our business operations.
- Monitor the space requirements of the firm, identify and explore potential options and present to interested parties’ solutions.
- Co-ordinate appropriate internal and external resources to implement the agreed solution.
- Ensure all facilities records are kept up to date including floor plans and occupancy spreadsheets.
- Engage with key stakeholders across all locations to ensure their space needs are met whilst maintaining the agreed design and functionality.
- Champion the facilities related aspects of the development and implementation of a hybrid working model for the firm.
- Ensuring all location, asset and planned activity information is kept up to date.
- Collating the required information during the setting up of any new offices or locations.
- Escalating any breaches of SLA to the relevant Office Manager and Senior Facilities Manager.
- Receiving and processing any reactive facilities tasks/requests appropriately and ensuring they are progressed in line with the agreed SLAs.
- Monitoring the planned maintenance, compliance, cleaning, security, H&S and auditing activities and monitor their progress.
- Storing all necessary certification and completion reports appropriately.
- Creating and administering regular and ad hoc reports. Highlighting any trends and areas for improvement to the Senior Facilities Manager or H&S Manager or their delegate as appropriate.
- Assisting the Head of Facilities Management in preparing and managing annual budgets, forecasts and specific project budgets.
- Assisting the Office Managers in the procurement of goods and services ensuring they are processed in accordance with the correct procedures including within agreed budget, volumes and type etc.
- Ensuring all invoices are recorded, coded, approved and passed to the Finance team for payment in a timely and accurate manner and dealing with any problems or queries in relation to suppliers, contracts, orders, invoices, credit notes and payments.
- Knowledge management
- Maintaining and developing the facilities pages on the firm’s intranet.
- Co-ordinating the review and update of Facilities policies and processes.
- Producing agendas, taking meeting notes and action management for appropriate meetings.
- Co-ordinating project and management report writing.
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct and appearance at all times, demonstrating strong communication skills, confidence, assertiveness and a proactive approach in all aspects of day to day working.
- Support fellow Facilities team members when there are peaks in workloads and absence cover. Assist with any other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Identify opportunities for continual improvement of any processes.
- Set an example of best practice approach in all duties and adhere to the Firm's Health & Safety policy and procedures.
- Support the H&S Manager in the administration of ISO 45001.
- Managing arrangements for facilities team members travel requests.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- General office administration skills ideally in a Facilities or similar related environment.
- Ability to work to strict time deadlines, good time keeping and punctuality whilst maintaining a high and consistent level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of a facilities management system (TopDesk, CAFM or similar).
- Excellent people and customer services skills with the ability to deal professionally and calmly with internal clients, at all levels, face to face, via email, Teams and on the telephone.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage conflicting deadlines.
- Flexible approach with capacity to take on a variety of tasks working across all aspects of Facilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Common sense approach to problem solving with positive solutions.
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, OneNote. Ability to demonstrate a high understanding and capability for using Excel is essential.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety for an office environment and risk assessment experience desirable.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.