We are recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join our busy Accounts Payable function in Bristol. You will report to the team Supervisor with duties including, but not limited to, processing internal expense claims for weekly payments in accordance with the firm’s expenses policy, paying supplier invoices ensuring that payment is made within agreed terms, reconciling company credit card statements, and ensuring all payments are posted accurately and to the correct nominal/department codes within the accounting software.
This is an evolving team and we encourage all team members to share ideas and welcome change as we develop processes and establish more efficient ways of working.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
- Monitoring a dedicated mailbox and ensuring all emails are actioned in line with agreed cut off times
- Checking all expense claims have approval from the relevant budget holder and that all firm policies are adhered to before processing
- Escalating any queries on credit card or expense claims to the Supervisor for review
- Posting payments to the accounting software ensuring all data is entered accurately and that any VAT has been correctly accounted for
- Setting up new supplier accounts and ensuring supplier bank and other details are kept up to date
- Verifying supplier invoices and processing them for payment within agreed payment terms
- Preparing weekly payment runs for checking by the Supervisor in time for the payment cut off
- Liaising with Partners and Secretaries around the firm to reconcile monthly credit card statements
- Handling new Barclaycard applications ensuring forms are completed correctly and that they understand and sign the usage policy before submitting a request
- Produce payment reports as and when required
- Assisting the Supervisor with any ad hoc duties
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Have previous experience of working within a busy office environment
- Be able to work collaboratively as part of a team and be productive when working with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Be competent in all Microsoft office applications, specifically Excel
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Have strong communication skills
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.