Finance Litigation Associate
Our Financial Services Disputes and Investigations (FSDI) team in Glasgow is recruiting for an Associate to join them and strengthen their offering. The role has a focus on contentious matters for a wide range of financial institutions, including some of the UK's major banks, challenger banks and international banks.
Our nationwide FSDI team is ranked in the L500 and act on a variety of matters from high value and complex banking litigation including commercial and investment banking disputes including mis-selling claims and fraud related issues, professional negligence claims and mortgage retail recovery claims. We also defend reputationally sensitive claims and undertake specialist projects with our clients to prevent claims against them in the future.
We are looking for an Associate who can:
- Confidently manage a varied caseload for key financial services clients
- Provide strategic and commercial legal advice on a range of contentious disputes and claims with supervision
- Support the surrounding team with large projects and complex cases
- Take an active involvement in business development activities
- Support Trainee Solicitors and junior members of the team
The Ideal Candidate
We consider all applications on a strictly individual basis to asses fit with our team but as a guide we are looking for:
- A qualified Associate between NQ-3 years PQE
- Previous legal experience acting in the financial services sector handling contentious matters
- Strong ability to build rapport quickly and deliver excellent client service
- Excellent self-management skills and motivation
- A collaborative and teamwork ethic
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.