Financial Services Litigation Paralegal
We are recruiting Financial Services Litigation Paralegals for a number of key litigation projects that start in January. You will be joining 'The Law Firm of the Year' and be joining at a time where our reputation is going from strength to strength.
We are seeking candidates with a minimum of 12 months contentious litigation experience for initially 6 month contract. This role is in litigation, with an emphasis on banking litigation and general commercial litigation. We are offering this role on a fully work from home basis.
This is offered on a competitive day rate, inside IR35 and you must be prepared to set up an umbrella company for this contract. You will be immediately available or have a very short notice period.
As a Contract Paralegal your day to day remit could include the following:
- Junior fee earning case work including being responsible for your own cases, under supervision.
- Investigating and analysing claims, preparing draft advices.
- Assisting solicitors with preparing trial bundles.
- Instructing experts and carrying out Initial review of expert reports
- Drafting correspondence
- Reviewing discovery documents received from other parties
- Managing key dates
- Assisting with recording, reporting on and analysing Management Information
- Assisting with billing
The Ideal Candidate
You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Previous litigation experience is essential for this role
- This role is in litigation with an emphasis on banking litigation and general commercial litigation.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent organisational and time management skills as well as attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint and document management experience would be beneficial.
- An ability and willingness to work as part of a busy team with a significant case load.
- An ability to work on own initiative but under supervision.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.