Financial Services Regulatory Lawyer
We have an immediate need for Financial Services Regulatory Contract Lawyer for a 6-12 month. Please note that this role will require you to work via an umbrella company and is on a day rate basis.
This role will support the retail financial services practice. In particular advising banks, building societies and specialist lenders on retail financial services law and regulation.
This a fully remote working contract and are flexible on candidate location. We are also open to full time and part time working patterns,
Ideally you will be immediately available or on a very short notice period.
The primary areas of work will be advising on:
- Mortgage law and regulation: primarily advising on MCOB, drafting mortgage documentation (for example, illustration, offer documents and Mortgage Conditions), carrying out reviews of mortgage documentation (including against requirements of consumer protection legislation) and advising mortgage lenders on product development, including in relation to green finance
- Savings and payments: primarily advising on BCOBS and the payment services regulations, typically to banks and building societies that providing savings products, including drafting and reviewing product terms.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will posses the following:
• A minimum of four years PQE.
- Financial regulation experience, ideally including experience in the retail financial services sector working with either mortgage, consumer credit and/or payments products
- We are fully open on location and can offer full time or part time working
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.