Front of House Operations Manager (12 months)
This role is part of the Facilities Management group reporting to the Head of Facilities Management, working closely with Partners, Location Heads, Business Services Directors, Group Risk Managers, Facilities and Office Managers, Business Development, HR and senior managers throughout the firm.
The Facilities Management team are responsible for providing a safe and comfortable working environment. Including the secure storage and retrieval of all hard copy files; management and delivery of the client conference suites and switchboard services; providing reprographics support for large volume and specialist printing and scanning; processing and distribution of all incoming and outgoing deliveries; relocation planning, design and fit out logistics; security; building maintenance and working with the landlord to ensure their services support our business operations.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
- Manage all front of house suppliers.
- Manage and ensure outsourced front of house providers are aligned and responsive to the Firms growing needs and expectations.
- Manage and develop relationship and service with existing outsourced Switchboard provider.
- Review processes to improve every interaction between a client and the Firm within the front of house and facilities remit.
- Work alongside the front desk team situated in the client meeting suites. Working closely with the Reception Manager to improve and meet the client’s needs.
- Review the catering delivery within the client meeting suites, including allergies management, consistency, quality and sustainability.
- Implement change by providing training to staff in the necessary client care skills required.
- Review how events are operated and the offerings provided to execute events held in our client suites.
- Manage on-going change as the Firm grows, to evolve the new way of working for the Front of House Teams.
- Review the full costs of delivering events and review how this information is captured.
- Provide monthly management information to the Head of Facilities on the frequency and costs of providing events and running the front of house services.
- As the business grows, if required, to manage the transition to create and develop an evening events team.
- Review the client suite pages on the TLT intranet (Atlas); making sure they are up to date with information in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Director of Business Development and Marketing to identify best practise and add value initiatives for hosted client meetings and events.
- Working closely with Partners to fine tune and improve the meeting experience with clients.
- Work closely with the Director of IT to review and propose a robust and sustainable technology solution for all client suites.
- Review all aspects of front of house and provide sustainable solutions and support the sustainable solutions strategy.
- Review the online meeting room booking system to improve internal client experience.
- Work with the Landlords Building Management teams in each office to improve security, first impressions and ground floor reception experience.
- Work alongside the H&S Manager to implement safe working environments in all client suites for the variety of meetings and events held for internal and external customers.
- Develop the front of house teams risk awareness culture.
- Define and review budgets to meet the needs of improved client experience.
- Improve the internal client experience when engaging with the services provided by the Facilities teams in each office.
- Provide training to Facilities staff to improve their understanding of excellent customer service in their individual roles.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Exceptional client care skills with the ability to manage and implement change.
- A proactive manager who will strive for continuous improvement to client and internal service as well as active problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work and deliver a service encompassing the Firms core brand values.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills across all levels.
- Training skills.
- A confident manner being polite, calm and friendly at all times.
- Be familiar and knowledgeable about the business and people of the Firm.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work effectively.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Previous experience of reception and events management gained in a professional or hotel/leisure environment.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.