Head of Business Development
You have the opportunity to join a fast paced, fast growing and forward-thinking law firm. Our collaborative, supportive and open-minded environment is the ideal place to progress your career – whatever stage you’re at. We work with high profile clients in innovative sectors, and we’ll help you embrace opportunities to keep learning as we grow our firm.
You will lead our Business Development team and be responsible for creating and implementing a market-leading sales strategy to grow TLT. Your goal will be to generate and convert new business opportunities from our clients, prospects and referrers in the UK and internationally.
- Supporting our Chief Marketing Officer in creating a new sales culture at TLT and developing a sales strategy, tactical sales plans and activities
- Designing, planning and implementing a new sales pipeline management process - progressing and supporting conversion of opportunities from campaigns and in-bound marketing activity
- Supporting key internal stakeholders (Group, Team, Sector & FutureLaw Leaders) to identify sales opportunities, develop compelling market propositions and plan sales campaigns
- Running sales campaigns with support from our Knowledge Management, Comms and Campaign teams to position TLT to win work and convert sales opportunities
- Creating specialist sales toolkits, best practice templates and regular updates to support the achievement of the sales strategy
- Managing a contact plan to ensure ongoing engagement with high value prospects
- Creating persuasive marketing collateral and pitch presentations
- Providing individual support to senior later hires to help them deliver on their business plans
- Planning and delivering a sales training programme to give our lawyers the skills, tools and confidence they need to sell TLT
- Running a forum for Sector Leaders to identify new business opportunities and share knowledge and practice
- Leading, inspiring and training a team of BD Managers
- Working with the HR team to develop new ways to motivate and rewards sales success
- Providing sales reports to senior stakeholders
- Overseeing the BD budgets allocated to Groups, Sectors & Locations
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Proven track record of designing, implementing and leading sales programmes
- Ability to run successful sales campaigns
- Experience of delivering sales training and support
- Enthusiastic, confident, pro-active, persistent and robust
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills – able to present and communicate clearly, concisely and credibly
- Good knowledge of operational management for sales systems, processes and procedures
- organisational skills – able to multi-task, strong time management skills
- Able to work autonomously, well under pressure and drive through major projects to completion
- Good humoured and positive outlook
- Graduate or equivalent
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.