International Business Development Manager
This role sits within the Business Development (BD) team, with a strong dotted line reporting into Chris Owen (Partner, CSG).
The firm has ambitious growth plans, including the development of its international strategy. This role will be pivotal in creating, developing and maintaining successful alliances across our international network.
- There are three main elements of this International Manager role as detailed below. Create, develop and maintain successful alliances and relationships with international firms aligned to TLT's strategy, priorities and client base.
- Responsible for researching, targeting and building connections with international firms to identify and assess their suitability as a partner for TLT.
- Responsible for administrating TLT's membership of international networks.
- Develop strong working relationship with key internal stakeholders, including international relationship partners, core country initiative teams and the TLT International Steering Group.
- Support international relationship partners in the development of their relationships with our international network.
- Take a leading role in developing and marketing TLT across international networks, liaising and collaborating closely with central BD team.
- Act as the internal contact for any international queries, including advice on which firm to instruct on particular matters.
- Ownership and responsibility for updating and maintaining the experts' database (due to be launched) and ensuring fee-earners record in-bound and out-bound referrals in our CRM system (InterAction).
- Take a leading role in developing, updating and maintaining the international content on our website, social media channels and intranet (Atlas). Work with the BD team to create international credentials, events and other relevant BD activities.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Experience and proven track record in dealing with international firms.
- Able to gain access to and influence senior decision makers at target firms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building to create a positive impact with colleagues, peers, partners and clients and to demonstrate diplomacy, listening and influencing skills
- Be able to use own initiative, looking for solutions and improvements where necessary.
- Strong communication skills, including, email, phone and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of our target markets and key contacts, competitor knowledge, commercial acumen, academic achievement.
- Determined, proactive and self-motivated.
- Demonstrate TLT behaviours (supportive, flexible & driven).
- Demonstrate strong understanding and appreciation of international jurisdictions and requirements.
- Desirable: fluency in more than one foreign language.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.