Knowledge and Research Officer (12 month contract)
We are currently recruiting for a Knowledge & Research Officer to join our expanding Knowledge Management Team. This can be a full time or part time (4 day/week) 12 month maternity contract, with the potential to work flexibly between home and the office.
Our Knowledge and Research Officers work closely with colleagues across all parts of our business, helping to turn data and information into insight to support our clients.
We focus on undertaking both business and legal research, aligned to a number of key economic sectors. Working closely with Professional Support Lawyers, as well as undertaking research, the KM Team also help manage TLT’s extensive programme of current awareness and horizon scanning, as well as a wide variety of third party databases, knowledge systems and automation tools.
This role forms part of our KM research function, which sits alongside our KM systems and document production teams.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As part of our KM Research Team reporting to the Research Manager you will be responsible for:
- Delivering dedicated knowledge & information support to our offices.
- Undertaking business and legal research to provide support with client matters and business development activities.
- Supporting lawyers and BD in preparing first drafts of client insights.
- Providing a current awareness service, monitoring news and client developments, tracking cases, legislation and policy as required.
- Managing the Scottish, English and Welsh information resources including recommending, raising awareness and delivering training when required.
- Building a strong network with staff at all levels across the organisation as a trusted adviser for knowledge related activities.
- Promoting and advising on knowledge sharing behaviours in our offices.
- Liaising with and supporting the practice group Professional Support Lawyers in research and information.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A degree or equivalent professional experience in Business, Research, Information / Knowledge Management, Librarianship (or relevant discipline);
- Confident and familiar in undertaking online research, using both business and legal databases (further training will be provided);
- Experience with contributing to professional reports / written material desirable;
- Experience of working in (or supporting) professional services desirable;
- You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of TLT to appreciate internal clients' information needs, to identify relevant knowledge and effectively draft/edit summaries and disseminate such content;
- You will be able to manage demanding workloads with strict deadlines; have exceptional time management and organisational skills and a keen eye for detail;
- You will be able to build a credible reputation as a trusted advisor on information-related matters, both within the immediate team and amongst internal clients;
- Ability to work using own initiative and as a team member, maintaining a professional positive attitude at all times is essential
- Candidates must have excellent written and spoken English, in particular an ability to summarise and analyse large amounts of information.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.