Knowledge and Research Officer
We are currently recruiting for a Knowledge & Research Officer to join our expanding Knowledge Management Team. This is a permanent, full time role, with the potential to work flexibly between home and office attached to our Belfast office.
Our Knowledge and Research Officers work closely with colleagues across all parts of our business, helping to turn data and information into insight to support our clients.
We focus on undertaking both business and legal research, aligned to a number of key economic sectors. Working closely with Professional Support Lawyers, as well as undertaking research, the KM Team also help manage TLT’s extensive programme of current awareness and horizon scanning, as well as a wide variety of third party databases, knowledge systems and automation tools.
This role forms part of our KM research function, which sits alongside our KM systems and document production teams.
As part of the central Knowledge Management team and reporting to the Senior Knowledge and Research Officer, Belfast you will be responsible for:
- Delivering dedicated knowledge & information support to the TLT Northern Ireland legal teams.
- Undertaking business and legal research to provide support with client matters and business development activities.
- Providing knowledge support to the Senior KRO based in the Belfast office, including support for business intelligence and professional writing.
- Providing a current awareness service, monitoring news and client developments, tracking cases, legislation and policy as required.
- Managing NI information resources including recommending, raising awareness and delivering training when required.
- Building a strong network with staff at all levels across the organisation as a trusted adviser for knowledge related activities.
- Promoting and advising on knowledge sharing behaviours amongst the NI office.
- Liaising with and supporting the practice group Professional Support Lawyers in NI research and information.
- To work with wider team to respond to research requests across TLT.
- Working together with other members of the team to support knowledge projects
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A degree or equivalent professional experience in Business, Research, Information / Knowledge Management, Librarianship (or relevant discipline);
- Experience of working in (or supporting) professional services desirable;
- Experience with contributing to professional reports / written material desirable.
- You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of TLT NI to appreciate internal clients' information needs, to identify relevant knowledge and effectively draft/edit summaries and disseminate such content;
- Confident and familiar in undertaking online research, using both business and legal databases (further training will be provided);
- You will be able to manage demanding workloads with strict deadlines;
- You will have exceptional time management, planning and organisational skills, a methodical approach and a keen eye for detail;
- You will be able to build a credible reputation as a trusted advisor on information-related matters, both within the immediate team and amongst internal clients;
- Candidates must have excellent written and spoken English, in particular an ability to summarise and analyse large amounts of information.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work using own initiative and as a team member, maintaining a professional positive attitude at all times is essential
- Our research shows that our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.