Legal Assistant/Paralegal - Conveyancing
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of you will deliver the following:
- To deal with a broad range of residential Conveyancing matters, including residential sales and purchases, specialist corporate buy to let acquisitions and re-mortgages, landlord and tenant estate management matters for residential property and assisting with title reviews and site acquisitions. There is a significant range of clients including high net worth individuals, family companies and trusts, corporates, housing associations and the public sector generally.
- The applicant will work as part of the specialist conveyancing section of the CDI Segment in the Bristol office. This section operates across the Bristol and London offices and comprises one partner, two associates, one assistant solicitor, one legal assistant and one trainee.
- The applicant will initially start with assisting on residential sales and purchases for private client, owner/occupiers and corporate buy to let acquisitions and re-mortgages, but would be expected to broaden their experience in a variety of different property transaction types and estate management.
- There is a strong team ethic with lots of support and supervisions available in relation to client requirements. That said, the applicant will have the opportunity to operate their own case load and to work on transactions from start to finish, helping to develop, expand and win new client relationships wherever possible.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
A legal executive or legal assistant with sound legal knowledge of property law and at least 3 years practical conveyancing experience.
- The successful candidate will not necessarily have experience in all work types referred to above however a willingness to learn and take on new work will be key. The candidate will also have the ability develop effective and trusted working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- To be calm and confident and have the ability to instil confidence in others in your ability
- To record time and follow TLT procedures
- You must be IT literate.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential as is the ability to act on own initiative.
- Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also essential as is capacity to deal directly with demanding clients.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.