Paralegal - Tax and Estate Planning
We are recruiting for a Paralegal to join our Private Client team in Bristol. The Bristol team have a full private client practice with Wills, probate, trust and personal tax planning work as a result of TLT’s deep rooted client base in Bristol and the South West. You will be working between our office in central Bristol and home in a fully hybrid way.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
- Undertaking mainly probate work. This will be a combination of working for TLT clients and also acting on estates where a bank is executor of estates for high net worth individuals.
- Working with supervision as part of a team on estates of all sizes, including assisting on complex estates often high value including cross-border issues, business assets and trusts.
- Involvement in wider private client work including: Will drafting, Trust drafting and administration, Powers of attorney and mental capacity law.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ability to prioritise work and meet strict timescales
- Excellent IT skills, in particular ability to work with trust and estate accounts based on Excel
- Able to deal with clients with empathy and professionalism
- Confident and able to exercise initiative
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.