Legal Billing Assistant
We are recruiting for a Legal Billing Assistant to join our busy Finance team in Bristol. You will report to the Billing Manager working alongside the wider finance department. This is a newly created role and an opportunity to work within a newly-formed centralised billing team. As well as centralising the firms billing function, this role will support the improvement to the end-to-end billing process by bringing forward billing dates and actively managing outstanding WIP. It would be ideally suited to someone with previous legal billing and/or WIP management experience.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
- Working with teams from across the business to ensure they are assisted and supported in their billing requirements - processing invoices, credit notes and re-issue invoices.
- Assist in the execution of complex bills in a timely manner (e.g. multiple discounts, split-party billing, multi matter bills and preparation of electronic bills); ensure accurate billing of disbursement entries to clients.
- Ensure invoices are raised in accordance with relevant VAT and Solicitors Accounts Rules; ensure that invoices are processed in accordance with relevant internal financial controls.
- Process time entry write offs, write downs and transfers.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of invoices to various e-Billing platforms, and resolve related invoice rejections.
- Contribute to establishing an agile customer-first culture of continuous improvement; work closely with other Finance teams to resolve billing-related issues.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience of working within a busy finance department, some exposure to legal billing would be an advantage.
- Able to demonstrate a confident manner, the ability to work with people at all levels and collaborate and support other members of the Billing and Finance teams.
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines; flexible and adaptable; able to prioritise and work independently and as part of a team.
- Be competent in all Microsoft office applications.
- Previous experience of working within a law firm or professional services environment would be advantageous.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.