Legal Director - Financial Disputes
Our successful and busy insolvency litigation team offers our clients market leading strategic expertise on complex advisory, transactional and contentious insolvency work.
We act for a broad range of financial stakeholders including banks, financial institutions and corporates as well as local insolvency practitioners and advisers.
TLT are members of the specialist Restructuring/Insolvency panels for all of the main UK lending banks, alongside a wide range of other domestic and international banks and lenders.
Drawing on the expertise of lawyers who understand the restructuring and insolvency market from other areas of the firm such as real estate, pensions, regulatory, litigation, employment, commercial and corporate allows us to deliver a full service offering to all of our clients.
We will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad but will also work with our experienced junior and senior team members on some of the most interesting cases and projects regionally, nationally and internationally.
Through our national service lines you will work with notable and exciting clients and increase your sector specialisms. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career and work with some of the best insolvency lawyers around, ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
You will have your own high quality and varied caseload while working closely with the partners and other team members on larger matters. The work includes:
- A mixture of contentious and non-contentious work for a wide variety of clients
- Providing expert advice to insolvency practitioners, corporate clients, directors, creditors, leading banks and other lenders and financial institutions
- Advising on the appointment of insolvency office holders and assisting them in their roles
- Advising lenders on their security and enforcement options
- Working in cross disciplinary teams on larger often high-profile projects
- Providing expert advice and opinion to clients and stakeholders in a variety of insolvency scenarios
- Business development opportunities including training and seminars and general networking.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service and being proactive. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- 5+ years PQE specialist experience in Northern Irish insolvency and restructuring law and practice
- Enjoy working in a successful team-based environment with team members based across the UK
- 5+ years of practical experience of contentious insolvency matters, both personal and corporate
- Experience of restructuring cases and non-contentious insolvency matters
- Ability to manage and prioritise workloads whilst driving matters forward
- Clear understanding of finance and security documentation
- Strong client handling skills and be able to instil client confidence early on in a relationship
- An enthusiasm for restructuring and insolvency law, as well as the ability to not only apply the law but also give advice in a commercial context
- Strong academics
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
TLT's insolvency litigation team continues to expand and we are looking for a new member to join our team in Belfast.
Our Belfast insolvency litigation team sits within our market-leading Financial Services Disputes and Investigations (FSDI) team which is one of the UK’s largest teams in the field of financial services litigation, comprising over 150 people across Bristol, Manchester, London, Glasgow and Belfast and is rated by Chambers as being in the top tier of firms outside of London.
Our insolvency litigation team works closely with our national Restructuring and Insolvency (R&I) team which has ten specialist R&I partners and our strength in depth across the UK is recognised in the legal directories. The R&I team is also commended in The Times Leading Law Firms for 2022 and TLT has also just scooped Law Firm of the Year at the Lawyer Awards 2021.
At TLT we have launched a progressive fully flexible working approach. This approach means that as a Firm we empower our people to work in a place and at a time that meets their needs, those of their clients and of the wider team and firm. Part of this agile approach is a focus on hybrid working and supporting the work life balance of our people.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
TLT has been awarded the ‘Best Law Firm for Partner Approachability 2021’ from the recent Legal Cheek Awards.
So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.