Legal Document Review Manager
There is an exciting opportunity to join our Advanced Delivery Centre which provides multi-disciplinary expertise and scalable legal and complementary resources to support all TLT legal groups when delivering large scale projects and legal managed services for our clients.
The ADC team is made up of a combination of non-qualified / qualified resource and paralegals who support both contentious and non-contentious fee earners from across the firm on a variety of matters, most commonly Data Subject Access Requests and Document Review/Disclosure. As part of the continued expansion of the ADC team we are looking for an experienced document review manager to help oversee the increasing volume of projects across our Public Inquires and DRC teams.
This is a client facing role with both internal and external clients. You can expect to work across a number of different groups, sectors and specialisms across the firm predominantly relating to litigation and inquiry disclosure/document review, investigations, due diligence and data subject access requests.
We are flexible about location and are open to applicants who could be based out of one of our offices in Bristol, London or Manchester. We offer flexible, hybrid working which allows home working as appropriate for our clients, the team and you requiring our successful candidate to have a reliable internet connection and be based within the UK.
As a Document Review Manager your day to day remit includes:
- Oversee all aspects of document review projects, from pre-engagement setup, to QC of review and through to project close
- Supporting statutory and / or non-statutory inquiries
- Undertake internal investigations and independent reviews
- Provide legal advice to the Inquiry Team and contribute to senior relationship management with recognised legal representatives and document providers
- Handle complex document review projects within multi-disciplinary, professional, multi-strand legal or investigative environments
- Handle complex, large-scale projects, including involvement in delivery of large-scale disclosure/e-disclosure/document production/information management exercises
- Line management responsibility to a team of Senior / Paralegals to include supervision, support and mentoring. Supervise the work delegated to other team members as a means of developing others adopting a supportive and coaching approach
- Act as liaison between project teams and client teams, communicating updates and reporting findings clearly and professionally
- Building and maintaining quality professional relationship with colleagues
- As and when required supporting the other managers in the Document Review Team on other workflows outside of eDiscovery and document review
- Undertaking the QC review of documents to a high level (with accuracy and speed) in particular on data subject access requests
- Plan, define and implement strategies to support delivery
- Manage document-heavy review processes to identify key relevant materials
- Establishing defined programmes of work and monitoring delivery
- Providing expert eDiscovery consultancy support to internal and external clients
- Contribute to training materials and the development of the team
- Track and monitor review teams’ progress and prepare internal progress reports for internal and external circulation
- Ensure all project-related financials are in order and creating trackers as needed for efficiency and transparency
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience of overseeing document reviews with experience of using Relativity
- Previous hands-on experience of advising on and responding to data subject access requests
- Previous experience of public inquiry work representing a core participant and or acting for the inquiry itself would be preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication and self-management skills
- Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility
- Experience of line management / supervision of paralegals
- A creative approach to problem solving with an ability to manage critical issues quickly and effectively
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrate high levels of data accuracy, time management skills and organisational capability
- Qualified in England and Wales would be preferred, however, will consider other experienced candidates
- Team player. Ability to interact well with stakeholders, clients and the team.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.