Legal Project Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity for an additional Legal Project Manager (LPM) to join the firm as we expand our market leading approach to legal project management.
This is an additional role and the successful candidate will work alongside other project manager, legal project managers and LPM trained lawyers delivering projects for our clients. The opportunity is born out of our continued success in attracting high quality work from a range blue chip clients across our key sectors.
As an LPM you will work on a variety of client facing projects across the firm using project management methodologies to assist the fee earners and drive efficiencies through the scoping and management of each project. You will be part of the wider TLT FutureLaw team and will assist the team in its continued implementation and development of TLT legal managed services and legal transformation services offerings and embedding LPM practices so they are at the heart of everything we do.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our FutureLaw team you will be a vital part of our continued success and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
- Work directly with fee earners on the development of matter plans, pricing, budgets, timelines and documentation of clearly-defined scopes and assumptions on client matters, transactions, cases, outsourcing and projects.
- Working with legal fee earners, to manage matters, projects and outsourcing projects to help deliver the work on time, on budget and within scope, managing scope and cost creep and engaging with key stakeholders (to include clients, partners and other colleagues) to deliver each project as required.
- Assisting partners and other colleagues in bids for where legal project management (LPM) and our TLT Applied Projects and Outsourcing product is core to successful legal service delivery.
- Apply a consistent approach to LPM with whoever is managing legal matters
- Work with the Head of LPM and the growing LPM team to help upskill people throughout the firm so that TLT has depth of LPM resource
- Be engaged on client work to include interacting with clients to manage projects and to include working directly with clients to develop and deliver improved services, processes and projects both alongside the client service team and directly with our clients.
- Be an advocate for TLT’s LPM inside and outside the firm
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A creative approach to problem solving with an ability to manage critical issues quickly and effectively
- Strong analytical and project management skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret the client's business needs and translate them into business/operational requirements.
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to engage with stakeholders throughout the business at all levels and across fee earning teams and business services
- End to end experience of a variety of different legal projects including litigation, corporate transactions, real estate transactions, contract management and remediation as well as involvement in software and service procurement and implementation, software development, business process review and reorganisation and transformation projects.
- The ability to deliver and embed Legal and other Tech into a firm with particularly focus on change management
- Clear understanding of the latest developments in LegalTech to include (but not limited to) eDiscovery, Contract Review and Contract Management and automation.
- Keen team player with the ability to self-start and engage with a varied cross section of fee earners across the business.
- Experience of working in the legal sector, or professional services environment within a programme team would be ideal but is not a necessity.
- A client focused approach to the delivery of projects and project planning
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.