Legal Risk Advisor
We are recruiting for a Risk Adviser to join our Risk & Compliance team based in our Bristol Head Office. You will be part of a successful team responsible for all Risk & Compliance across our 6 offices in the UK. You will continue the enhancement and implementation of operational risk policies and risk management systems across the firm.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Risk Advisor your day to day remit includes:
- Acting as a central point of contact within TLT with regards to the Risk Register and business continuity policies and plans, maintain and manage the firm’s Risk Register including monthly meetings with risk owners across the firm, reporting on risks key groups.
- Working with external consultants, complete annual business impact assessments across the fee earning groups, compile the findings and assist with risk mapping.
- Write, update and advise on changes to risk and business continuity policies and procedures as well as oversee their implementation across the firm;
- Maintain the firm’s ISO22301 Business Continuity accreditation, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, including the accreditation body, managing the audit cycle internally and externally, implementing the training and testing program and monitor the effectiveness of the TLT risk policies and practices;
- Chair and run the Business Continuity Forum of senior stakeholders and manage any actions arising from its discussions. Assisting as necessary with the firm's business continuity plan and testing requirements
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- Very good understanding of the principles of risk assessment and risk treatment, including operational risk as well as compliance monitoring and reporting.
- Previous experience working within a law firm or legal education or qualifications.
- Proven experience of having managed a risk management system and maintenance of ISO standards preferably including ISO internal auditor qualification or training or be willing to undertake the training course.
- Solid understanding of operational risk and experience in developing risk governance, controls and best practice processes; experience in undertaking internal and third-party audits around risk governance and controls.
- Proven experience in writing policies and procedural documentation for risk systems/requirements.
- Self-reliant and a self-starter, results oriented with excellent MS office knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally at all levels.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.