As a Legal Secretary we expect you to deliver the following:
- Copy & Audio typing/digital dictation
- Answering telephone calls/dealing with clients/taking messages and arranging meetings.
- Filing and general admin duties such as faxing, photocopying and claiming expenses.
- Managing diary appointments and making arrangements for meetings to include forward planning of fee earner's diary and making travel arrangements as appropriate in fee earner's absence.
- Review of incoming emails and dealing with as appropriate
- Assisting with management of emails ie saving, printing and filing
- Assisting with billing and monthly invoice process
- There will be a focus on maintaining the teams filing. In addition the role will require good general admin duties such as faxing and photocopying when required.
- Once trained, creating/amending documents. Working with large documents using track changes.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Copy & Audio typing/digital dictation (some training will be provided)
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Attention to detail, good organisational skills and flexibility
- Previous office experience is desirable but not necessary, ideally within a medium sized firm or professional services company.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- A good team player and able to work well as part of a team
- Able to deal with a high volume of typing
- A pro-active person who likes to use their initiative, willing to take responsibility and able to prioritise work
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.