We are recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join our Financial Litigation team in Manchester. TLT’s financial regulation group has grown significantly in recent years to become one of the largest financial regulation practices in the UK with lawyers located in London and the regions, combining contentious and non-contentious support with regulatory matters.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Legal Secretary we expect you to deliver the following:
- Managing diary appointments and making arrangements for meetings to include forward planning of fee earner's diary and making travel arrangements as appropriate
- Review of all correspondence including incoming emails, telephone calls, post and faxes, dealing with as appropriate
- Managing records, projects and calendars to make sure everything functions smoothly
- Assisting with billing and monthly invoice process
- Updating and distributing MI reports keeping in line with company and client deadlines
- Running conflict checks, creating new files and filing documents. Maintaining general company record systems
- Once trained, creating/amending legal documents. Working with large documents using track changes.
- Filing and general admin duties such as printing, scanning and photocopying
- Copy & Audio typing/digital dictation
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) to effectively deal with clients, colleagues and managers
- A pro-active person who likes to use their initiative, willing to take responsibility and able to prioritise work
- Previous office experience is desirable but not necessary, ideally within a medium sized firm or professional services company.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.