We are recruiting for a Legal Secretary to support our Corporate and Commercial Dispute Resolution (CDR) teams in our London office.
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable team in a supporting capacity, providing administrative assistance and secretarial support to 4-5 lawyers in the Corporate team and 3–4 Lawyers in the CDR team.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Secretary your day to day remit includes:
- Managing diary appointments and arranging both internal and external meetings
- Dealing with clients, agents etc by phone, taking messages and general calls
- Assisting with management of inbox emails i.e. redirecting as appropriate during absence, saving and efiling within software package.
- Creating/amending agreements and documents often to a tight timescale.
- Maintaining client matters: opening new files, arranging conflict checks, matter risk assessments, KYC checks and archiving completed files
- Dealing with a range of client specific billing requirements and generating bills on a monthly basis using Connect
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements for fee earners
- Digital dictation (audio typing), manuscript amends
- Physical and electronic filing, general admin duties such as photocopying, scanning and occasional faxing
- Creating/amending agreements and documents often to a tight timescale, to include long and detailed sale and purchase agreements, both from in-house templates and amending those received from other firms in their style.
- Attending on site in the London office a minimum of 3 days per week, or as otherwise agreed with the Corporate and CDR teams, with the ability to work from home to the same level as in the office.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience as a legal secretary within the Corporate and/or Commercial Dispute Resolution sectors preferred but not essential.
- Strong IT systems skills are essential, including strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience of Outlook for Emails and Diary Management.
- Excellent communication skills with a good, confident, telephone manner and client care expertise are essential.
- Experience of handling and managing sensitive and confidential information and dealing with such material appropriately
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.