Due to continued growth, we are growing our team and are seeking an experienced procurement professional looking for their next challenge. You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in an individual contributor senior procurement role where you have delivered tangible business benefits and savings, using procurement expertise to influence and engage with a wide range of business stakeholders and suppliers.
This role will have a heavy client focus to support clients in transforming their procurement, driving efficiencies and realise cashable savings from 3rd party spend.
This is offered initially on a 12 month contract, day rate basis inside IR35.
- Supporting our clients in helping them manage large-scale global categories where appropriate
- Lead negotiations with suppliers to agree supply contracts and renewals
- Help our clients Improve and stabilise process for the procurement of goods or services, develop and implement relevant KPIs
- Development and continuous improvement of the companies’ commercial strategies of cost effective quality purchasing
Other main accountabilities
- To be an expert in the whole procurement cycle, supplier appraisal, drafting terms and conditions, preparation of invitations to tender, post tender negotiation and contract award to ensure fulfilment of customer requirements at best value for money
- Support our clients in in order to develop Procurement policy and procedures
- Work with clients to identify group purchasing power to take advantage of economies of scale where necessary
- To manage and provide guidance to the junior members of the Commercial team, ensuring that work is adequately reviewed and checked, advice is given and, where necessary, training is initiated
- Be able to discuss current practice at all stages of the procurement cycle including procedural and problem solving methods, and most importantly choice and use of supplier
- Call and chair regular meetings with the client and any other relevant personnel
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Preferably educated to degree / MBA level
- MCIPS qualified
- Passionate and collaborative procurement professional looking to grow towards CPO within the organisation.
- You will consider yourself a specialist in indirect procurement categories e.g. BPO, Facilities, HR, Professional Services.
This role will suit an experienced procurement professional, looking for their next challenge. You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in an individual contributor senior procurement role where you have delivered tangible business benefits and savings, using procurement expertise to influence and engage with a wide range of business stakeholders and suppliers.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.