Marketing & Business Development Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing and Business Development Assistant to join TLT. This is a permanent role which can be based from any of our offices (Bristol, London, Manchester, Belfast or Glasgow) with some travel to the other locations.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Operations Manager and working closely with the Senior Business Development Managers and lawyers, you will drive and support marketing initiatives.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
Business Development & Bids support
- Producing credentials documents, proposals and pitch presentations to support winning new business.
- Support our central Bids team on formal bid opportunities including maintaining a library of precedent text for bids through our pitch management system.
Communications and events
- Assisting with marketing communications including developing campaigns, sector reports, e-marketing updates, social media and website content, legal directory and award submissions and internal communications including newsletters and articles, and videos and podcasts
- Assisting in the running of virtual, in-person and hybrid hosted events, corporate hospitality and internal events including all aspects of event management - mailing list creation, design of invitations and programme, development of marketing materials and presentations, liaising with suppliers and speakers.
- Working closely with industry bodies to develop our relationships, sponsorship opportunities and on events and other activities
- Supporting the development and delivery of thought-leadership campaigns
- Managing the budget/costs and payments to external suppliers associated to marketing activity you undertake.
You will be a member of our Marketing Operations Team (which sits within the Marketing & Business Development Team), which enables knowledge sharing and supporting your peers within the team which will allow you to broaden your knowledge of TLT’s legal services and sectors. You will be a champion of several marketing services and you will maintain and develop guidance and train new team members in relation to these services.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Business Development / Marketing experience in a professional services environment.
- Good copywriting, editing and proof-reading skills, with strong attention to detail. Experience of using BD/marketing technologies (e.g. CRM systems, email marketing platforms, webinar services and website/intranet content management systems) would be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, credible, enthusiastic, confident, pro-active and robust.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, able to work well under pressure and drive projects to completion.
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and a keen interest in developing your knowledge of TLT, the legal sector and the clients that we support.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.