We are currently recruiting for an Office Assistant to join our Financial Services and Disputes department in Bristol. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team who act for a range of UK banks, mortgage lenders, insurers and more. The team provide expertise in all types of litigation. You will be supporting a large team with a full range of secretarial tasks including digital dictation, document amendments/creation as well as assisting fee earners with financial management.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
- Updating and maintaining case management platforms for two main projects.
- Creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets and graphic based analysis for reporting purposes (to assist with internal and external reporting requirements).
- Opening files, arranging conflict of interest checks and creating new matters on relevant project case management system.
- If required, assisting with month end billing and ensuring invoices are processed, including arranging for third parties to be paid.
- Diarising key court deadlines and arranging for documents to be filed at court and served on opponents in accordance with court deadlines.
- Photocopying, scanning and faxing, and printing documents for fee earners where matters are transferred into the team from other parts of the firm ( as required).
- Assisting with preparation of disclosure, Court bundles, witness statement exhibits and other files.
- Requesting files from archives or the team's short-term storage facility.
- Assisting fee earners with day to day file management including assisting with file closures, MI updates and archiving.
- Assisting fee earners in drafting standard letters and ad hoc tasks.
- Assisting with information input and updates on the relevant case management systems and reporting to clients
- Taking minutes at team/client calls/meetings.
- Whilst the role is project specific, the successful candidate will be part of a larger support team that includes other Office Assistants and Secretaries providing administrative support to the fee earners in our large FSDI team so may be asked to assist on add hoc administrative tasks for the wider team.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- General administrative skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced office environment
- Proficient Excel skills (with basic and vlookup formulas & managing large spreadsheets)
- To be able to export data to other spreadsheets and charts efficiently, whilst also being able to put together easy-to-read analysis
- Demonstrate organisation in order to complete all allocated tasks within the required timeframe and to the required level of accuracy
- To demonstrate satisfactory levels of literacy and numeracy
- To write simple letters and e-mails
- Effective record keeping
- To have basic knowledge of and be able to use common functions of relevant computer applications with appropriate training
- Effective telephone communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrate effective team work and willingness to work as part of a team in sharing tasks
- Demonstrate a conscientious, 'can-do' attitude
- Be client focussed
- We ready and willing to engage on a face-to face basis with a large number of fee-earners in the team for whom you would be providing support and assistance.
- Be able to effectively manage deadlines, and to prioritise effectively where deadlines compete.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.