We are recruiting for an Office Assistant to join our Energy and Renewables segment based in Bristol.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
- Opening files, conflict checking, creating finance clip and organising documents , including ongoing file management such as filing correspondence and documents and organising files
- Creating/amending documents/correspondence
- Proof reading, amending and house styling legal reports and non TLT documents.
- Ensuring invoices are processed, including arranging for third parties to be paid
- Updating and maintaining databases
- Diarising key deadlines for longstop dates and lease renewals and Lands Tribunal dates, amongst other deadlines that may arise
- Photocopying, scanning and faxing
- Assisting with obtaining property certificates and searches and carrying out simple Land Registry administration
- Requesting files from archives and assisting the real estate team and facilities team with the Deeds Store, filing and archiving of files
- Provide telephone support and deal with client queries in solicitors’ absence
- Assisting fee earners with day to day file management, billing and file closing
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Demonstrate organisation in order to complete all allocated tasks within the required timeframe and to the required level of accuracy
- To demonstrate satisfactory levels of literacy and numeracy
- To write simple letters and e-mails
- Effective record keeping
- To have basic knowledge of and be able to use common functions of relevant computer applications with appropriate training
- Effective telephone communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrate effective team work
- Demonstrate a conscientious, 'can-do' attitude
- Be client focussed
- To complete all allocated tasks within the required timeframe and to the required level of accuracy
- Be supportive
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.