Paralegal - Public Inquiries
We are seeking contract legal assistants/paralegals to support our Public Inquiries & Investigations team who act on behalf of high-profile governmental inquiries, including sensitive matters of national security or public interest.
This is initially a 6 month contract via an umbrella company on a day rate basis
We are flexible on location and this will be offered on a fully remote basis.
As a Legal Assistant, you will provide support to the team on day to day case work which is likely to include the following tasks:
• Undertaking a first level review of documents for key issues or terms to assist the Public Inquiries team (with disclosure and pre-action disclosure)
• Following guidance on privacy laws to undertake a first level review for Data Subject Access Requests
• Using e-disclosure platforms and specific systems (full training provided) to implement redaction policies and decisions, to provide disclosure to relevant stakeholders
• Reviewing and organising data relevant to the Inquiry and presenting in a preferred format to assist the investigation
• Taking detailed instructions from fee earners within the team and providing regular updates on progress
• Creating bundles and document lists for trials
The Ideal Candidate
You will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
• 12 months Legal Assistant/Paralegal experience
• Excellent communication skill (both oral and written)
• Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility
• Experience of the disclosure process including knowledge on privilege would be preferable
• Experience on Data Subject Access Requests would be preferable
• Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint, and Relativity would be beneficial
• Must be able to work independently and time manage effectively to hit deadlines
• A proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, work under pressure and prioritise work from various stakeholders
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.