Paralegal - Public Inquiries
We are recruiting a number of Paralegals to support our growing Public Inquiries & Investigations team who act on behalf of high-profile governmental inquiries, including sensitive matters of national security or public interest.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Paralegal, you will provide support to the team on day to day case work, including the following tasks:
- Following guidance on privacy laws to undertake a first level review for Data Subject Access Requests
- Using e-disclosure platforms and specific systems (full training provided) to implement redaction policies and decisions, to provide disclosure to relevant stakeholders
- Reviewing and organising data relevant to the Inquiry and presenting in a preferred format to assist the investigation
- Taking detailed instructions from fee earners within the team and providing regular updates on progress
- Creating bundles and document lists for trials
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- 12 months Legal Assistant / Paralegal experience
- Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility
- Experience of the disclosure process including knowledge on privilege would be preferable
- Experience on Data Subject Access Requests would be preferable
- Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint, and Relativity would be beneficial
- Must be able to work independently and time manage effectively to hit deadlines
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, work under pressure and prioritise work from various stakeholders
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.