We are currently recruiting for a Paralegal / Legal Assistant to join our Commercial Disputes team in Glasgow. This is a full time, permanent position undertaking fee earning work on a variety of tasks, providing assistance to senior fee earners.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Paralegal your day to day remit includes:
- Opening files, conflict checking, organising documents, including ongoing file management such as filing correspondence, photocopying, scanning, faxing, closing;
- Creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets, databases and graphic based analysis for reporting purposes (to assist with internal and external reporting requirements)
- Ordering documents from the Land Registry;
- Billing and arranging for third parties to be paid;
- Pre-litigation to include issuing letter before claims, telephone calls, e-mails, instructing trace reports and taking payments from customers;
- Liaising with customers, clients and third parties;
- Issuing Simple Procuedure and Ordinary Cause proceedings to include diarising key court deadlines, lodging documents at court and serving on debtors in accordance with court deadlines;
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Experienced in debt recovery practices would be beneficial;
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn and develop legal skills in the area of debt recovery;
- Candidates will need a good knowledge of Word, Outlook, and Excel
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.