Knowledge Lawyer (Banking Team)
- The Banking team forms part of TLT's Commercial Services Group. The team comprises over 20 commercial lawyers across our offices in Bristol, London and Manchester. The team is operated as a single unit across our three offices, working to one plan for growth and development of the commercial practice.
- The Banking team acts for clearing banks, other financial institutions, insolvency office-holders, government agencies, other creditors and debtors.
- The team is ambitious and expanding, providing expert and commercial advice in all areas of debt finance. The main focus of the role will be in general corporate debt and real estate finance.
- The team regularly acts for a range of finance providers, including NatWest, HSBC, Santander and large listed corporates. They are regularly instructed on cross-border and multi-jurisdictional facilities, including syndicated loans.
- In addition to being a member of the Commercial team, the Banking Knowledge Lawyer will also be part of the wider Knowledge Management Team, headed by the Head of Knowledge Management, which comprises a central KM team, the firm's Library and Information Services (LIS) and the team of PSLs who work within the various groups.
- Our research shows that our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial and driven.
- Maintain the provision of professional support services across the Banking team to a high standard, including monitoring current market and technical developments and helping internal and external clients to manage the resulting changes.
- Support the strategic development and growth of the Banking team's business, through the provision of training, current awareness information and other knowledge services to lawyers and clients, ensuring they are consistently implemented across the practice.
- Work with lawyers and client teams to identify new approaches to increase efficiency and reduce cost pressures in the face of changing market trends.
The role involves, but is not limited to:
- Maintaining a market facing precedent bank (including client specific panel requirements).
- Engaging in the automation of certain key precedents;
- Undertaking complex legal research to provide support on client matters and business development activities;
- Assisting in the preparation of tenders along with Business Development to enable the team to exploit business opportunities;
- Working proactively with client teams and Business Development to raise the profile of the group by co-ordinating and delivering articles, updates, training and products for clients;
- Managing and delivering the team's knowledge training programme;
- Developing know how resources and other resources to support the practice of the Banking team;
- Keeping up to date with legal, commercial and industry developments and disseminating it to our lawyers and clients.
- Working with other PSLs and the KM team to support and promote the knowledge management function.
- Leading and delivering firm wide KM projects as required in line with the firm's knowledge strategy.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- The ideal candidate will have prior PSL experience, but fee earners, with at least 4 years' experience looking to make the transition into a support role will also be considered.
- Non-contentious experience of corporate lending and/or real estate finance transactions.
- Candidates must be technically excellent but also commercially aware and enthusiastic about business development; able to digest, analyse and succinctly communicate large amounts of legal and industry information to both internal and external clients.
- You will be an outgoing, self-motivated individual, with a strong client focussed approach with excellent analytical, communication and organisational skills.
- You will be able to manage demanding workloads with strict deadlines and you will possess strong project management skills.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
TLT has been awarded the ‘Best Law Firm for Partner Approachability 2021’ from the recent Legal Cheek Awards.
So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.