We are looking for a Risk Manager to join our Banking Litigation department working closely with our Customer Outcome and Business Support teams. You will also be part of our wider Risk and Compliance team.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
Responsibilities of the risk manager are varied, and include:
- Creating and implementing plans to meet conduct risk and regulatory requirements and continue to drive through change in our Financial Litigation team to make sure that they remain compliant with their regulatory obligations
- Maintain policies and processes to ensure that they remain regulatory compliant and are regularly reviewed
- Assess our delivery of conduct risk and assist in embedding key regulatory, SRA and client requirements into the services we provide and our culture
- Assist with the completion of internal audits and be involved in root cause analysis, calibration exercises and implementing lessons learned
- Draft and deliver training on key regulatory and/ or risk issues
- Assist with completing our external client audit requirements and questionnaires (in conjunction with the Client Audit Manager).
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate;
- A can do attitude with good influencing and organisational skills
- A broad and detailed knowledge and sufficient understanding of the financial services industry and regulatory framework to act as an internal adviser /point of contact for the firm .
- Expertise in vulnerable customers, complaints and mortgage products and regulation would be useful
- A working knowledge of the Risk and Compliance issues a legal team will have, from information security through to solicitors accounting rules
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including flexible working, private medical insurance, 25 days holiday and more.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.