We are recruiting for a Senior Pensions Associate to join our national Pensions team. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your legal career within a highly regarded and successful team.
Our pensions team has a broad portfolio of clients including FTSE companies, multinationals, UK corporates and trustees and central government. The team advises on all aspects of pension schemes, mainly advisory work with a small element of corporate support work. We advise schemes and employers with schemes ranging in asset size from the low millions to the billions.
This team is highly commended by the Financial Times for its innovative Pensions Extranet and recognised in Legal 500.
Key role responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with trustees and employers, both nationally and internationally to provide pensions advice
- Collaborate with team members to nurture new clients and referrers to aid growth
- Managed a varied work style with 90% of your work being standalone advice and 10% working in partnership with the corporate, commercial, litigation, insolvency and employment teams
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong technical knowledge, with good drafting skills
- Previous experience at a city or large regional firm, recognised for its pensions expertise
- Successful teamwork and collaboration as well as enjoying and having an aptitude for business development
- Core technical excellence from completion of a Pensions seat during traineeship
- Experience of public sector pensions is desirable but not required
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitely. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.