Senior FSDI Litigation Lawyer - Contract
We have an urgent requirement for a Contract Lawyer to support our FSDI team for an initial 6 month contract due to increased client wins.
We offer fully flexible working for all of our contractors, if you do wish to go into the office occasional we can make this happen. Competitive day rate, must work via an umbrella company.
The team carries out high value and complex banking litigation, defended mortgage litigation, professional negligence claims, defends claims brought by consumers and businesses, investment banking litigation, international disputes, regulatory, fraud, trade finance, and receivership instructions. We defend reputationally sensitive claims and undertake specialist projects with our clients to help to prevent claims against them in the future.
varied work for FS clients to deliver the following:
- Being a key point of contact for one or more strategic clients and being a trusted business advisor to clients
- Providing quality service, supporting the client relationship and helping to secure ongoing business
- Providing competent strategic and commercial legal advice across a range of disputes, including in relation to matters which are high-value, reputationally sensitive, and which can involve short-notice applications
- Managing and supervising a group of solicitors and legal assistants and ensuring they hit their key performance targets
- Developing and encouraging others through support, coaching, guidance and constructive feedback
- Running a caseload for key financial services clients including clearing banks, private banks, building societies and/or niche lenders. Being a senior member of the FSDI team and actively working with the management team to grow the team and practice areas
- Delivering profitable and quality results both for the firm and clients through continued focus on improvement and innovation
- Developing strong working relationships with contacts at key financial services clients
- Being a ‘go-to’ person in one or more areas within financial service litigation
- Actively engaging in business development activities with clients and potential clients.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A qualified solicitor with a minimum of 3 years post qualified experience
- Ideally this will be from a top 100 law firm, with commercial experience
- A keen interest in the Financial Services Sector
- An ability and enthusiasm to implement highly targeted and effective business development initiatives
- Prior supervision experience is essential
- Thorough understanding of the CPR and the litigation process
- Keen to establish strong relationships with clients and deliver excellent client service
- Enthusiastic to learn and actively develop their skills
- Willingness to invest time in others to develop more junior team members
- Able to operate effectively under pressure and within a team environment
- Excellent communication and self-management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and ensuring team members meet deadlines
- A commercial approach to the development of the firm as a business and ability to drive this forward
- Able to link awareness of marketplace events or trends to long term business opportunities
- Demonstrates understanding of strategic and wider implications of issues.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
TLT has been awarded the ‘Best Law Firm for Partner Approachability 2021’ from the recent Legal Cheek Awards.