Associate - Mortgage Litigation
Our litigation team in Belfast are recruiting for an Associate with commercial litigation expertise to join our mortgage litigation team. This is a flexible working position that can be fulfilled on a part or full-time basis and is a supporting role to our standard litigation team with distinct responsibilities.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
As a key addition to the existing team, your day to day responsibilities in the role of Associate will include:
- Working closely with the Partners to deliver overarching legal support to our standard repossession litigation team
- Case Specific Support for team members on complex, technical and strategic matters
- Managing Sensitive and High Profile cases
- Identifying and implementing Legislative/ Process Changes
- Assisting with the training and development of the team
- Identifying and managing legal risks within the team
- Act as liaison between the standard and non-standard litigation teams with responsibility for managing the file transfer/handback process between the teams
- Playing a key role in managing key suppliers as well as extensive stakeholder engagement externally to promote best working relationships
- Take a lead role in client relationship management across the client base which includes leading banks and building societies
We have a dedicated team who attend Court so it is not expected that the successful candidate will have to deal with hearings. However, the candidate will help to manage Court attendances and will be responsible for implementing feedback and audit. There will also be a requirement for occasional Court attendance to aid relationship building with the Master.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.