Associate - Financial Litigation
We are currently recruiting at Associate level in our FSDI Bristol team. This is one of the few teams outside London to specialise in contentious work for a wide range of financial institutions. Our clients include the UK's major banks, niche mortgage and unsecured lenders, building societies, international banks with offices in the City, payment service providers and title insurers. This position is based in Bristol. The team, which consists of partners, legal directors, associates, solicitors, legal
executives, legal assistants and secretarial support, has grown consistently over the
last few years and further growth is envisaged and planned.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
In the role of Associate, you will be involved with:
- Running a significant and varied caseload for key financial services clients, including banks and mortgage lenders with a particular emphasis on advice and mortgage enforcement for later life lending clients, complex residential recoveries and residential title rectification work (where the lender has not obtained the first legal charge they bargained for).
- Providing competent strategic and commercial legal advice upon a range of contentious disputes and claims under supervision of more senior members of the team.
- Delivering excellent client service informed by a knowledge of clients’ business, key drivers and requirements.
- Responsibility for own financial management, meeting financial targets and billing.
- Participating in business development activities with clients and potential clients.
- Assisting with production of legal updates and knowhow development.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A qualified Solicitor/CILEX of 2-5 years PQE
- Experience of acting in the financial services sector in contentious residential mortgage recoveries is essential. Specific experience of later life lending clients and equity release products would be desirable
- Working knowledge of property law with a solid understanding of Land Registry practice and procedure is essential. Some experience of residential title rectification work would be desirable
- Proven track-record of running own caseload of litigation or title rectification matters (with minimal supervision) is essential including evidence of managing litigation deadlines and competing priorities
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven track record of legal drafting such as legal advice to clients, statements of case and Land Registry applications
- Good understanding of the Civil Procedure Rules and the litigation process
- Keen to establish excellent relationships with clients and deliver excellent client service
- Able to operate effectively within a team environment
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
TLT has been awarded the ‘Best Law Firm for Partner Approachability 2021’ from the recent Legal Cheek Awards.
So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.