Associate / Senior Associate - Infrastructure, Construction Projects & Outsourcing
This role reports into Patrick Sweeney, a partner in the Projects, Infrastructure and Construction (PIC) Department. Patrick provides strategic advice to the public sector, bidders and funders on complex infrastructure arrangements, estate management projects, joint ventures, and currently advises on a number of legacy PFI/PPP projects. Patrick also works extensively on district heating projects advising public sector and private sector clients on the developing district heating market and specialises in connection and supply arrangements.
Owing to the success and continuing client demand within PIC, we are looking to recruit an ambitious lawyer to support Patrick and our major projects and public sector and heat network offering.
As a key member of the PIC Department, you will be responsible for:
- Work for high calibre clients on complex contractual issues
- Build relationships with new clients and existing clients of the firm
- Develop your skills, knowledge and legal expertise
- Contribute to team strategic planning and business development activities
- Contribute to the further development of the PIC team nationally
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Between 1-4 years with either major projects, general commercial or non-contentious construction experience
- Strong academic background with experience from a national or recognised firm
- Knowledge of key standard form contracts which, depending on background should include, Cabinet Office’s Model Services Contract or JCT and NEC contract forms and applying knowledge from model forms when developing bespoke contracts
- Highly motivated and innovative, with a positive attitude
- Able to work with others and take direction
- Able to communicate easily with clients, prospective clients and colleagues
- Commercially aware and focused on client service/business development
Our research shows that our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial and driven.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.