Technology/telecoms Associate (0-5 PQE)
Fast paced, fast growing and forward thinking. TLT is the law firm that helps clients stay one step ahead, and we do the same for our people.
Our collaborative, supportive and open-minded environment is the ideal place to progress your career. We work with high profile clients in innovative sectors, and we’ll help you embrace opportunities to keep learning as we grow our firm.
It's never been a better time to join TLT - we've been named Law Firm of the Year at the Lawyer Awards 2021 and Top 4 UK Firm by Roll on Friday. TLT is for what comes next for our clients and our people.
We don’t stand still. Our clients keep moving forward to seize the opportunities and address the challenges of the modern world and so do we. We challenge convention and think creatively about how we can help make their businesses better.
This proactive approach has powered our success with clients, and it is all down to our people. Ambitious, talented individuals help us go even further to question the norm and explore different ways of doing things.
Being part of TLT gives you the opportunity to evolve what it means to be a lawyer. You’ll be a business adviser as a well as a lawyer, working directly with a high calibre of clients on a wide range of interesting current matters. And while you develop long-lasting relationships with clients, you’ll boost your skills and professional reputation.
Our future, your future
Our open and collaborative culture makes life at TLT enjoyable and rewarding. We are genuinely supportive of each other, you can approach anyone for a conversation. And you’ll be recognised for your individual work as well as your contribution to the team.
You’ll have the independence to nurture your own client relationships and apply your own ideas to your work. We’ll also make sure that you can get involved with a varied mix of work for exciting clients to widen your professional experience – and to keep you motivated. Because learning and development should never stop.
We are currently recruiting for a 1-5 year PQE, England and Wales qualified solicitor with experience (which may include as part of your training contract) in technology and/or telecoms contracts to join our national Technology and Telecoms practice to work across our sectors.
You core responsibilities will be:
- Identifying, analysing and advising on client’s needs, opportunities, risks and threats.
- Drafting and negotiating a full range of technology and telecoms contracts – such as, SI, SIAM, WAN/LAN, mobile and unified communications contracts, hosting and data centre arrangements, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, multi-sourcing, offshoring, insourcing, BPO, transformational outsourcing, shared service centres, software development (waterfall and agile), software licensing, maintenance and support, collaboration agreements and other technology/commercial outsourcing arrangements.
- Supervised and supported by Managing Associates/Legal Directors and/or Partners, you will take an active role in client relationships and management.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic, fast growing and supportive team working with innovative national clients on a whole range of strategic projects.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. Our ideal candidate will have a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Interested in how technology can be used to deliver better services to clients.
- Commercially aware and enthusiastic for business development and appetite for keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in this ever-changing technology driven work.
- Succinctly, clear and confident communication, drafting and negotiation skills.
- Outgoing, self-motivated individual.
- Strong client focussed approach with excellent analytical and organisational skills, including to manage workloads and deadlines.
- Energetic, entrepreneurial and driven.
- Experience of working on secondments and/or in-house positions will be an advantage.
- A strong team ethos is essential as this team works across three locations in the UK, and collaboration is always at the core of what we do.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
TLT has been awarded the ‘Best Law Firm for Partner Approachability 2021’ from the recent Legal Cheek Awards.
So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.