Trainee Buyer Procurement
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and driven candidate to join us as a Trainee Buyer. We will provide full support and training both Internally and by external professional development to initially provide sourcing, buying and administrative and operational support to the Procurement team as required but with the objective of becoming and effective sourcing resource in the future.
This role would ideally suit someone looking to make their first step or build their career within Sourcing and Procurement in a busy and growing business.
- Sourcing, administrative and operational duties in respect of Supply chain as required covering all aspects of Procurement
- This will include supplier sourcing and approval process, negotiation, contract drafting, purchase order issue and supply and contract issue and revue.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Able to manage multiple jobs, prioritise, enjoys working to deadlines.
- A self-starter, happy to work on own initiative.
- An enquiring mind. Not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Happy to manage own work load and to act as part of the team.
- Attention to detail. (personality type: The entrepreneur)
- Able to use Microsoft programmes in particular Word and Excel to an advanced level.
- Aptitude or experience using IT systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to deal with multiple tasks. Prioritise and resolve effectively.
- A degree level education (new graduates encouraged to apply) or experienced working in a procurement department.
- Happy to study for Professional Qualifications (CIPS).
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.