Workforce Planning Manager
The Resource/Workforce Planning Manager acts as the Subject Matter Expert (SME), establishing repeatable and appropriate processes for scheduling and planning Advanced Delivery Centre (ADC) resource. The role will manage the development and maintenance of the ADC resource plan, underpinning the committed deliveries/outputs from projects and programmes delivered by the ADC and as required by TLT.
- Provide resource utilisation and forecasting against capacity, suggesting or facilitating actions to balance supply and demand as required to ensure required resource is available on various projects or programmes undertaken by the ADC
- Ensure work is allocated appropriately, fairly and efficiently
- Forward plan to ensure resources are made available in time for project mobilisation as required
- Ensure all key resourcing risks are made visible and are managed effectively
- Establish and operate governance to make decisions on resource allocation including prioritisation and project timing
- Work with data, systems and technologies to drive strategic workforce decision making, to produce accurate and commercially focused Management Information for the ADC; identifying trends, opportunities, risks, and business forecasting e.g. chargeable hours, utilisation and headcount against budget and driving actions and behaviors accordingly
- Work with ADC Team Leads to manage, monitor and report on chargeable hours figures, timesheet entries and other relevant data used in utilisation by individual / grade / team.
- Develop ADC Workforce Planning best practice, and take an active role in building our own inhouse capabilities through training / coaching, developing intellectual capital, developing methods and tools.
- Work with HR & Recruitment to effectively identify and share resources across both the ADC and the wider firm, temp pool and externally – maximizing all TLT resource pools to ensure the right person is selected for the opportunity
- Support the joiner/leaver/returner process, supporting work reallocation, and onboarding
- Develop strong working relationships with a variety of key senior stakeholders as required to build confidence and credibility to assist in winning new contracts
- Assists the Head of ADC with creation of defined processes and procedures and growth of ADC as required
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience of strategic or operational workforce planning for a major organisation and/ or consulting experience in delivering solutions for clients (Professional Services environment preferred)
- Extensive experience of workforce / resource planning for complex programmes or portfolios, including large matrix, fast paced and ambiguous environments
- Operated in an environment where formal programme governance is required
- Experience of using an enterprise project management tool such as ServiceNow or similar
- Ability to multi task on a variety of Project and resource management projects at any one time
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight requirement deadlines
- Expert understanding of tools and techniques to develop and articulate a resource plan supporting a multi-million pound + portfolio in the presence of complex dependencies and resource constraints
- Highly structured approach to aggregate the resource demand across multiple projects, with strong data analysis and presentation skills to draw conclusions and make suggestions to balance resource supply and demand
- Strong Leadership and people management skills
- Excellent communication skills to articulate information verbally, visually and in writing in a clear, concise fashion so that the key message is understood
- The ability to identify business problems and solutions relevant to the client
- Great stakeholder management and able to flex style for different audiences
- Good organisational skills managing competing priorities
- Flexibility and comfort in a rapidly changing environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to deal with and manage uncertainty and incomplete information
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.